[Moin-user] Re: Re: Linking directly to edit page.

Alexander Schremmer 2005a at usenet.alexanderweb.de
Tue Mar 1 02:40:59 EST 2005

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 13:46:24 -0800, Yusuf Abdulghani wrote:

>> See MissingPage for an example.
>
> Interesting solution, but does not work!
>
> I have a page called MyPage which is not writeable. Under MyPage, I
> have a page called CommentsPage, which has read/write access to all.
>
> In MyPage, here is what the original raw text looks like for the
> two-step process:
>
> ----
> Click on the /CommentsPage to comment on this page
> [[Include(/CommentsPage)]]
> Click on the /CommentsPage to comment on this page
> ----
>
> Based on your suggestion, I changed MyPage to this:
> ----
> Click on the [[Action(edit,/CommentsPage)]] to comment on this page
> [[Include(/CommentsPage)]]
> Click on the [[Action(edit,MyPage/CommentsPage)]] to comment on this
> page
> ----
>
> Both the cases as shown above takes me to edit "MyPage" instead of
> "CommentsPage".
>
> Am I doing something wrong here?

No. I just realise that it is not possible using the Action macro. Either
you use absolute links or you try out the NewPage macro. You need to get
the current one from Arch though (see
MoinMoin:MoinMoinDownload#devdownloads). You could use it like this:
[[NewPage(,Edit,MyPage,CommentsPage)]]

Kind regards,
Alexander