[Moin-user] attachment files don't show up after upgrade

Thomas Waldmann tw-public at gmx.de
Fri Mar 4 09:14:40 EST 2005

> I just upgraded from moinmoin 1.0 to 1.2

X-)

1.2.4 hopefully.

If you have it running, you can go forward to 1.3.3 then. :)

> Now some wiki pages say like:
> Upload new attachment "a2.jpg"
>
> where there should be already an image uploaded.
> I have this in my apache2 config:
>  Alias /wiki/ "/usr/share/moin/htdocs/"
>  ScriptAlias /mywiki "/home/moin/mywiki/moin.cgi"
>  Alias       /mywikiattach/    "/home/moin/mywiki_files/"
>
> my moin_config.py has this:
> allowed_actions = ['DeletePage', 'AttachFile']
> attachments = {
>    'dir': '/home/moin/mywiki_files',
>    'url': '/mywikiattach',
>    }

You should move away from that kind of config, for 2 reasons:

a) if done wrong (apache config), it can be very unsecure (imagine
someone uploading some malicious php or cgi script and then executing it
via web server)

b) we won't support that in 1.4 any more, because all wiki objects will
be equal (no matter what mime type, wiki page or "attached" files) and
live in data dir, we can't support that "attachments = ..." stuff any more.

AFAIK, just copying that mywiki_files dir content into data/pages dir
should work for 1.2, those directories use the same structure.

Maybe cleaning the data/cache also helps with such problems.