[Moin-user] Re: really slow standalone MoinMoin 1.3.4 on Windows ME with Python 2.4

Alexander Schremmer 2005a at usenet.alexanderweb.de
Fri Mar 18 11:10:47 EST 2005

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 11:47:51 -0500, Brian van den Broek wrote:

> My computer isn't exactly a screaming box -- its a 5 year old laptop
> 800 MHz PIII with a mere 128 MB RAM -- but still, these times seem a
> bit much. Is there anything else I can do (short of getting a real
> computer :-) to speed things up?

Is it correct that you use the normal MoinMoin package and not MMDE? I will
assume this ...

It seems like Windows ME updates the modification time of the directory not
only too seldom but even without an update having took place. There is just
one occasion on which the cache might be rebuilt "legally": after you used
another feature which caused Python to create a .pyc file in the package
directory.
So if this caching delay (a few minutes because MoinMoin ships with several
hundred of pages) still occurs after you have really used all MoinMoin
features, you should file a bug.

Kind regards,
Alexander

PS.: MMDE, which triggers a slightly different caching code, might exhibit
this problem in other cases as well. The next release will contain a fix.