[Moin-user] Eror in data_dir when installing MoinMoin on Linux Fedora 3 and A pache

Ryan, Scott Scott.Ryan at echostar.com
Thu Mar 24 10:52:03 EST 2005

I am trying to install the latest version of the wiki on Fedora 3 under
apache.  I went through the current mailing list and problems and still am
having an issue.  I followed the installation instructions to the letter and
in addition I ran the SELinux commands to allow apache to see the data and
htdocs directory.  I open up permissions to the data directory to 777 to see
if that was the issue.  I manage to access the test page however I get the
following message.

MoinMoin Configuration Error

"data_dir" does not exists at "/usr/share/moin/echowiki/data/", or has
incorrect ownership and permissions.

Make sure the directory and the subdirectory pages are owned by the web
server and are readable, writable and executable by the web server user and
group.

It is recommended to use absolute paths and not relative paths. Check also
the spelling of the directory name.

I did check to see if the directory existed and it does.  And the
permissions are wide open.

Any ideas on what else I can check??

Scott Damon Ryan

Developer