[Moin-user] Re: Eror in data_dir when installing MoinMoin on Linux Fedora 3 and A pache

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Sun Mar 27 12:37:09 EST 2005

On Thu, Mar 24, 2005 at 11:51:02AM -0700, Ryan, Scott wrote:
> I am trying to install the latest version of the wiki on Fedora 3 under
> apache.  I went through the current mailing list and problems and still am
> having an issue.  I followed the installation instructions to the letter and
> in addition I ran the SELinux commands to allow apache to see the data and
> htdocs directory.  I open up permissions to the data directory to 777 to see
> if that was the issue.  I manage to access the test page however I get the
> following message.
>
> MoinMoin Configuration Error
>
> "data_dir" does not exists at "/usr/share/moin/echowiki/data/", or has
> incorrect ownership and permissions.
>
> Make sure the directory and the subdirectory pages are owned by the web
> server and are readable, writable and executable by the web server user and
> group.
>
> It is recommended to use absolute paths and not relative paths. Check also
> the spelling of the directory name.
>
> I did check to see if the directory existed and it does.  And the
> permissions are wide open.
>
> Any ideas on what else I can check??

SELinux MAC happens at a whole other level than filesystem permissions.  If
you are fixed on using SELinux on Fedora, you should pose your question
here: http://listman.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-selinux-list.
Getting an arbitrary app to work under SELinux isn't a simple thing, or for
the weak at heart. ;)

Putting SELinux into warn only state, and figuring out what moin is trying
to do that SELinux doesn't like would be a start.

	-Sean