[Moin-user] Re: Upgrading: 1.3.3 to 1.3.4 (Eduardo Mercovich)

Eduardo Mercovich eduardo.mercovich at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 04:56:19 EST 2005

Hi Nir!

> Its not a silly question, each release should have upgrade notes
> somewhere.

Thanks... we should update MoinMoinUpgrade then when this thread is complete.

> Basically, you should:
>   1. Remove your previous version of moin

Just deleting the dirs of the installed one?

>   2. Install the new one.

Thats documented, OK.

>   3. Read changes to see if there was any change in the configuration or
> server scripts. If you suspect there was a change, replace your server
> scripts and your configuration files with new copies and update with
> your settings.

This includes the wikiconfig.py settings among other script, I assume.

The only undocumented step remaining is the uninstall one. Is there a
script similar to the "install" one? Should I leave the wiki instance
untouched? Or back it up and remove all Moin directories?

Thanks a lot Nir. :-)

--
Eduardo Mercovich
Buenos Aires - Argentina.