[Moin-user] File permissions on MoinMoin automatically set to www:www

Yusuf Abdulghani yusuf at apple.com
Mon May 9 09:33:37 EDT 2005

Hi,

I have installed a wiki on one of the sites where I do not have admin
access. The site runs BSD unix and I am using apache configuration to
run MoinMoin.

When I installed MoinMoin, I had set up the file permissions to
<user>:www in order for MoinMoin to work correctly. I noticed
however, that all the files that MoinMoin generates (error.log, event-
log, all the files in "user" directory, etc.) are owned by www:www.
This does not allow me to either view/edit/delete any of these
generated files. Is there a way in MoinMoin so that I can tell it to
generate files that are NOT owned by www:www but rather owned by
<user>:www (or something else) so that I can edit/view these files.

Thanks.

Yusuf