[Moin-user] ACLs on new created (sub) pages

Yusuf Abdulghani yusuf at apple.com
Wed May 18 14:43:44 EDT 2005

I am running into a similar issue. Here is what I want to do with our
wiki:

* I have three sets of users: Group1, Group2, and Group3
* I want to provide only read access to Group3
* Group1 has exclusive read/write access to few pages
* Group2 has exclusive read/write access to the rest of the pages
(not read/write by Group1)
* I don't want to give admin access to any members of the Groups to
prevent accidental opening of permissions from one group to another
* Allow the users to create new pages using "NewPage" macro

The only way to get this to work, is to create three wikis:
1. Pages which can be read/write by all groups
2. Wiki where pages are exclusively read/write by Group1 (other group
has no access)
3. Wiki where pages are exclusively read/write by Group2

Finally tie these pages together via "FrontPage" to the Common wiki
(option 1)

Is there any other way?

Thanks for your help.

Yusuf