[Moin-user] Very bizarre text problem

Trog trog at trogwoolley.com
Fri May 20 01:05:08 EDT 2005

Hello,

We have been successfully running MoinMoin Release 1.2.4 [Revision 1.187]
for 18 months, and we are very happy with the product.  Yesterday I
noticed a problem which is very strange.

Some months ago I entered a page containing the text /usr/sbin/ltspcfg
(we actually have several pages containing this text).  I made a small
change to the page containing said text, and the messages returned was

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /moin.cgi/Lisa on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use
an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

If I changed the text to /usr/ sbin/ltspcfg or /usr/s bin/ltspcfg (and
there are probably several other combinations), I could save my changes.
I tried creating a page with just the "offending" phrase on it, and I
received the same Forbidden messages; if I added a space to the text, I
could save my changes.

It would appear as though the above is not the only offending phrase.
Another exitsing page has "tftp config" on it and I get the same
Forbidden messages when I edit said page.  If I change "tftp" to "tf tp"
all is well.  Of course, there may be several other phrases that offend
the MoinMoin software, but I have no way of knowing this until the occur.

Has anyone got an idea as to why these phrases are causing the software
to crash?

--
Trog Woolley  |  trog at trogwoolley dot com
(A Croweater back residing in Pommie Land with Linux)