[Moin-user] Re: Very bizarre text problem

Alexander Schremmer 2005a at usenet.alexanderweb.de
Mon May 23 09:33:37 EDT 2005

On Mon, 23 May 2005 13:30:42 +0100, Trog wrote:

> The common factor is mod_security, which I see is something to do with
> the apache server.  Our wiki is hosted on an ISP's server, so I need to
> ask them some intelligent questions about what is happenning, but I don't
> know what I should ask them.  They are not going to know MoinMoin.  Does
> anyone have any experience with the mod_security module who can point me
> in the right direction with regard to asking the right questions to solve
> this issue?

I think you will find the official information in the Apache documentation.
I would explain to that ISP that mod_security is misconfigured - it simply
filters the submitted data to the webserver (this affects other
applications on it as well, i.e. you will not be able to submit  "tftp
config" to a simple guest book either). The solution here is to fix the
configuration of mod_security (which I do not know personally).
Just make him clear that filtering requests at that point of processing is
pointless, at least with such hard blocking.

Kind regards,
Alexander