[Moin-user] Creating a list of subpages

Nir Soffer nirs at actcom.net.il
Wed May 25 03:35:56 EDT 2005

On 25 May, 2005, at 6:26, moin-user-request at lists.sourceforge.net wrote:

> I want to create a list of subpages from any given page such that the
> list of pages are:
>
> 1. filtered based on page name
> 2. start with "/SubPages/PageOne" instead of giving the entire page
> name starting from the root of the wiki
> 3. filtered based on categories
> 4. restricted to searches only "n" levels deep
>
> I tried using PageList but did not go far. Navigation() does not help
> since it lists the SubPages horizontally and not as a list.

You want manipulated search results (low cost search first):
  1. Search for pages that starts with parent
  2. In the result, search for pages with certain depth
  3. In the result, search for pages that linkto certain category
  4. Remove parent from the results
  5. Display as list sorted alphabetically

You can do steps 1 and 3 using a single search, maybe even step 2 using
regular expressions, but you can't manipulate search results. You need
a custom search macro.

Best Regards,

Nir Soffer