[Moin-user] non-breakable space

Werner LEMBERG wl at gnu.org
Mon May 30 05:04:46 EDT 2005

> I overcame this problem, by using the [[nbsp]] macro from the
> DavisWiki.org team:

I was successful with installation, but it just showed up another
problem: It seems not to be possible to use a macro within a link; for
example, I can't say:

  [http://foo.bar/baz.html a link to the foobar[[nbsp]]1 API]

Why?  Similarly, I can't use [[BR]] within header lines which is
another annoying limitation.

Looking into wiki.py I see that only regular expressions are used for
parsing MoinMoin input.  From other projects I know that nested
expressions can't be handled with regexps in a general way.  Is this
the reason for those limitations?

    Werner