[Moin-user] Re: long lines

Nir Soffer nirs at actcom.net.il
Tue May 31 02:37:31 EDT 2005

On 31 May, 2005, at 6:22, moin-user-request at lists.sourceforge.net wrote:

> Thus I ask you to add `\' as a line continuation.  It is extremely
> ugly and error prone to be forced to use overlong lines -- something
> which is not used normally in the UNIX world.

The example you use in you previous post:

=== This is \
       a test ===

Is not a real use case. Headings should and are usually short, and use
bigger type. I don't think you will find a good heading which does fit
in a browser window but does not fit in a reasonable sized editor
window.

For example:

	== I'm a very very long heading that might span on multiple lines when
formatted ==

	== I'm a very very long heading that span on multiple lines when
formatted and also does not fit in the browser text area, I hope you
don't consider me as good heading ==

When writing paragraphs, newlines are converted to spaces. For example
these lines:

	First line,
	second line.

are formatted as:

The only problem with long lines is tables markup, which suck in
general for wide tables.

Try to find real use cases when '\' is needed.

Best Regards,

Nir Soffer