[Moin-user] Help w/ Moin latex parser/macro

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Fri Nov 4 14:10:38 EST 2005

(Apologies for asking a TeX/LaTeX question here, but I'm doing this in the
context of Moin and have no hooks of any kind into the TeX community...)

It's been a *long* time since I used/installed LaTeX, but we concluded we
needed more math muscle on our wiki than native Moin could provide.  I
installed Johannes Berg's latex macro/parser for Moin and LaTeX from the TeX
Live ISO image.  I wormed around a couple 2.3 dependencies in
parser/latex.py (this particular web server is still running 2.2.2).  Now
I'm stumped getting LaTeX to process Johannes' simple example:

    [[latex(\usepackage{dsfont} % $$\mathds{C}$$)]]

No image output is displayed inline.  Rummaging around I found a .tex file
containing:

    \documentclass[12pt]{article}
    \pagestyle{empty}
    \usepackage{dsfont}
    \begin{document}
     $$\mathds{C}$$
    \end{document}

Running LaTeX directly on that complained about a missing dsfont.sty.  I
can't find that file anywhere in the TeX Live installation (/usr/TeX).  I'm
probably missing something basic, but what?

Thx,

--
Skip Montanaro
Katrina Benefit Concerts: http://www.musi-cal.com/katrina