[Moin-user] How to find out the 'MasterPage' from an included page

Nir Soffer nirs at freeshell.org
Fri Nov 4 17:43:23 EST 2005

The theme knows the "master" page, because it has to render a page
title and navigation bar. You can create your own theme and a macro
that will get the master page from the theme and create links to the
master page or to sub pages of it.

You will have to save d['page'] on your theme header() method, and get
it later from macro.request.theme.

On 4 Nov, 2005, at 0:08, Arp wrote:

> I'm on a low bandwith connection again so searching is somwhat
> painfull ...
>
> I like to work with included pages as they give me a nice handle to
> insert a standard text into other pages that might change from time to
> time without changing the contents of many, many pages with some
> search and replace tool.
>
> One example is that while the wiki is still young I'd like to have a
> table/frame inserted that invites people to edit the page or to leave
> comments on /Comments. Later this included content might change.
>
> Problem is that if I have a page SomePageName and want to link to
> /Comments from the _included_ page MyHeader it will create or link to
> the page MyHeader/Comments as opposed to the intended
> SomePageName/Comments.
>
> So: Is there any standard way to find out what the 'Master Page' is
> from inside an included page or some other means to effectuate linking
> to subpages of the MasterPage?

Best Regards,

Nir Soffer