[Moin-user] reference ot external file possible?

Markus Liebelt markus.liebelt at online.de
Sun Oct 2 15:27:09 EDT 2005

Hello all together,

I now reached something, but am stuck and have no idea how to proceed.

My design is:
1. Implement a macro that will output a link in HTML that will call an action.
2. Implement that action (by stealing a lot from AttachFile) to open the external file.

The macro is working, I have appended the version that works. So when I use the following on a page:

[[LinkFile(show.txt,pb)]] this is emmited:

Then when I click on the link, I get a pretty weird exception (that I cannot locate in the source):

===================================
TypeError'NoneType' object is not callable	Please include this information in your bug reports!:
Python Python 2.4.1: D:\programme\Internet\MMDE\moin.exe
Platform: win32 (nt)
MoinMoin Release 1.3.4 [Revision patch-723; DesktopEdition Release 1.3.4-2]
Sun Oct 02 12:30:14 2005

A problem occurred in a Python script. Here is the sequence of function calls leading up to the error, in the order they occurred.

  D:\programme\Internet\MMDE\MoinMoin\request.pyo in run(self=<MoinMoin.request.RequestStandAlone instance>)

TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not callable
       __doc__ = 'Inappropriate argument type.'
       __getitem__ = <bound method TypeError.__getitem__ of <exceptions.TypeError instance>>
       __init__ = <bound method TypeError.__init__ of <exceptions.TypeError instance>>
       __module__ = 'exceptions'
       __str__ = <bound method TypeError.__str__ of <exceptions.TypeError instance>>
       args = ("'NoneType' object is not callable",)

I tried then to rename the file to see if the lookup of the action works. So when I missspell the extfile.py to extfile2.py, I got the following:

- The browser is called with that link: http://localhost:8080/SpielWiese?action=extfile&do=get&root=pb&file=show.txt
- The output is: Unknown action extfile

Exactly what to expect...

So I don't know what to do now. Has anyone a tip how to debug MoinMoin? Does anyone have an (internal) action that does something minimal and that works? Are there any things that don't work in the Desktop Edition I don't know?

I have appended the macro and the action, so if someone has time to check it ...

Thank you all a lot for your patience

Markus