[Moin-user] Allowing users to create pages from a temple with write permission?

Kenneth McDonald kenneth.m.mcdonald at sbcglobal.net
Tue Oct 4 14:01:07 EDT 2005

This does not seem to work under Moin (it's a bit of a baroque use),
but I was wondering if there is some way to get it to work I haven't
found yet.

Our site will have many pages that are immutable, and many pages that
are writeable, so far as general users are concerned. The test site
is using acls to enforce read-only access on the specified files, but
it would be preferable to have readonly as the default, and to use
acls to give write access. However, that prevents users from creating
pages.

I created a UserTemplate file with the entry

#acl Known:read,write

In hopes that users (under the more restrictive regime) would be able
to create pages using that template. However, that doesn't work.

Anyone know of some way to do this? That is, have pages read-only to
general users by default, but allow those same users to create new
pages?

Thanks,
Ken