[Moin-user] install problem(mod_python, debian)

Cedric BRINER work at infomaniak.ch
Thu Oct 6 01:13:13 EDT 2005

On Wed, Oct 05, 2005 at 02:34:59PM +0200, Nir Soffer wrote:

> On 5 Oct, 2005, at 14:07, Cedric BRINER wrote:
>
> >resolved,
> >
> >this is the configuration for mod_python, farmconfig and sarge.
>
> I don't see anything special in the configuration - are you sure that
> your configuration is different from the configuration in
> http://moinmaster.wikiwikiweb.de/HelpOnInstalling/ApacheWithModPython ?
>
> If you find any difference, maybe the help page should be updated.

The fact is that I'm not familiar with the normal installation of moinmoin. I've just do a aptitude install moinmoin-common python-moinmoin

I think that the only difference between the HelpOnInstalling/ApacheWithModPython and the way a make it work under debian was to specify where the farmconfig.py, wikiconfig.py and/or specificwiki.py stand.

dpkg -L moinmoin-common (which is similar as rpm -ql)
   /usr/share/doc/moinmoin-common
   /usr/share/doc/moinmoin-common/buildinfo.gz
   /usr/share/doc/moinmoin-common/changelog.Debian.gz
   ---%<---
   /usr/share/doc/moinmoin-common/examples/cachecleaner
   /usr/share/doc/moinmoin-common/examples/globaledit
   ---%<---
   /usr/share/moin
   /usr/share/moin/config
   /usr/share/moin/config/farmconfig.py
   /usr/share/moin/config/moinmaster.py
   /usr/share/moin/config/wikiconfig.py
   ---%<---
   /usr/share/moin/htdocs/classic
   /usr/share/moin/htdocs/classic/css
   /usr/share/moin/htdocs/classic/css/common.css
   /usr/share/moin/htdocs/classic/css/print.css
   /usr/share/moin/htdocs/classic/css/projection.css
   /usr/share/moin/htdocs/classic/css/screen.css
   ---%<---
   /usr/share/moin/underlay/pages/AideDeConfiguration
   /usr/share/moin/underlay/pages/AideDeConfiguration/current
   ---%<---
   /etc
   /etc/moin
   /etc/moin/farmconfig.py
   /etc/moin/moinmaster.py
   /usr/share/moin/data/dict/words

dpkg -L python2.3-moinmoin
   /usr/share/doc/python2.3-moinmoin
   /usr/share/doc/python2.3-moinmoin/buildinfo.gz
   ---%<---
   /usr/share/doc/python2.3-moinmoin/examples/cachecleaner
   /usr/share/doc/python2.3-moinmoin/examples/globaledit
   /usr/share/doc/python2.3-moinmoin/examples/moin-dump
   ---%<---
   usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/MoinMoin
   /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/MoinMoin/Page.py
   /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/MoinMoin/PageEditor.py

so as you can see the python2.3-moinmoin package install everything in site-packages
and the moinmoin-common are the base install share files.

so PythonPath  is "['/export/diskA1/WWW/obswiki/','/etc/moin/']+sys.path"
where:
   '/export/diskA1/WWW/obswiki/ : is where the wiki's data stand
   '/etc/moin/ : is where the config of the differents wiki stand

I'll also give some info back to the moinmoin maintainer at debian.

> Nir Soffer

Regards

Ced.
--