[Moin-user] Fastest Most Optimal Way to Run MoinMoin

Hyungyong Kim yong27 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 17:53:32 EDT 2005

In my case, I got a faster tip for the time to save a page. I think it
may take a lot time because of socket.gethostbyaddr. So, I commented
that code.

in MoinMoin/logfile/editlog.py

            #try:
            #    hostname = socket.gethostbyaddr(host)[0]
            #except socket.error:
            #    hostname = host
            hostname = host

For private usage, I didn't need to get hostname.

I hope it helps you.

Regards,
Hyungyong Kim

2005/10/11, Nir Soffer <nirs at actcom.net.il>:
> For running on your laptop for personal use, try the standalone server.
>
> For public wiki, try fast cgi, mod python, twisted, standalone or cgi.
>
> Save can be slow on all types of servers, specially if you use antispam
> or lupy indexing search engine.
>
> On 11 Oct, 2005, at 2:09, Nicholas Ochiel wrote:
>
> > What is the fastest, most optimal way to run MoinMoin. I'm currently
> > using moin.cgi and it's not as fast as I'd like (takes 5 seconds to
> > save a page when running on my laptop).
> > --
> > Nicholas Ochiel,
> > NEO (New Enterprise Objects)(tm)
> > Innovation Machine
> > w: http://www.newenterpriseobjects.com
> >  b: http://billionairebusinessman.org
> >
> > "Travelers, it is late. Life's sun is going to set. During these brief
> > days that you have strength, be quick and spare no effort of your
> > wings."
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Nir Soffer

Hyungyong Kim,