[Moin-user] Editing the Edit Page

Fred Drake fdrake at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 10:39:39 EDT 2005

On 10/11/05, Hiers, Richard <Richard.Hiers at covenantseminary.edu> wrote:
> I tried to make changes to PageEditor as mentioned below, but any
> changes I make result in errors in the wiki.
> What am I missing?

It's hard to tell without more information.  Do you know Python?

My first suggestions are:

1.  Where you added the if... statement I'd suggested in my email, did
you indent the following statements?  Indentation is semantically
important in Python.

2.  The if... statement I suggested was quoted in my email, but should
not be quoted in the actual code.  I've attached the complete
PageEditor.py that I'm using, which contains only the one change
relative to the MoinMoin 1.3.5 code so you can check your change.

3. The use of inline triple-quoted strings is relatively fragile if
you don't know Python.  It's possible that the outer quotes have
become unbalanced.

  -Fred

"Society attacks early, when the individual is helpless." --B.F. Skinner