[Moin-user] Unable to stop this cretin

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Mon Oct 17 07:09:38 EDT 2005

The last three mornings I have awakened to something like 200 new pages and
a handful of changed pages on the Mojam Wiki filled with the usual crap.  I
added a number of regular expressions to LocalBadContent:

    http://orca.mojam.com/mojamwiki/LocalBadContent

and manually reverted all changes and deleted all new crappy pages.  That
didn't help.  Sunday I awoke to a similar mess.  I couldn't figure out why
the changes had been allowed.  I double-checked LocalBadContent, reverted
the changes, then routed his network to the loopback address.  This morning,
it's the same thing.  Of course, he approached from a different network, so
I've routed that network to the bit bucket as well.  Today I simply reverted
the few changed pages and deleted all the new page directories instead of
manually deleting each new page through the we.  I just don't have the time.
I suspect I will wake up to the same crap tomorrow.

I can't uncomment the security policy setting in wikiconfig.py (is that
required to use LocalBadContent?) because I get a traceback whenever I try
to change a page if it's enabled.  (I filed a bug report on the MoinMoin
wiki about this.)

I'm using 1.3.5.  Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks,

--
Skip Montanaro
Katrina Benefit Concerts: http://www.musi-cal.com/katrina