[Moin-user] How to use a wiki page as the shared_intermap in moin 1.3.5?

Robert Seeger robert.seeger at orsoft.de
Thu Oct 20 08:33:39 EDT 2005

Dear MoinMoin Masters,
I'm still in the migration from 1.1 to 1.3.5 and am puzzled with regard to
InterWiki configuration.

In 1.1. you could easily use shared_intermap to point to a text file that
was also a wiki page, as pages had a static file name an location. This was
described in the HelpMiscellaneous for 1.1.:

  If you want your users to easily add new InterWiki monikers, change your
moin_config.py to contain an entry like this:

  shared_intermap = ['/usr/local/moin/mywiki/data/text/intermap_2etxt']

  Then create a page named intermap.txt (see intermap.txt for an example)
with the following content:

This allowed easy maintenance of interwiki definitions in the usual Wiki
way.
As we use InterWiki a lot to make our IntraNet flexible (not only for
various wikis in a farm, but also to bug trackers, databases, file server,
mail repository...) this is a very convenient way.

Now in 1.3.5 we have a completely different physical storage of the pages
and each revision gets a different file name, so I'm not sure how it is now
possible to point to the newest revision.

As I've seen the central http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/InterWikiMap I was
wondering if you serve the InterWiki directly from there?
If 'Yes' then I would like to know how you do this by configuration?
If 'No' then I will think about a way to patch this in
wikiutil.resolve_wiki - should not be too difficult. I am thinking alog the
line of

  if filename.startswith("wiki:"):
  	#parse page instead of file

I live in the Windows/NTFS world, so "wiki:" could never be the start of a
valid file name, but how about other os/filesystems? Or should I better
introduce a second config parameter?

Kind Regards,

Robert Seeger
Senior Consultant