[Moin-user] Making custom images available across an entire site?

Nir Soffer nirs at actcom.net.il
Thu Oct 20 14:04:49 EDT 2005

On 20 Oct, 2005, at 22:55, Kenneth McDonald wrote:

> Is there a standard place (or a way to direct Moin to a place) to put
> custom site icons, i.e. ones that would be available via the 'Icon'
> macro across an entire site? I have a couple of different Moin sites
> on the same server, so don't want to put them in the global moin dir
> structure (and also don't want to worry about losing them when I
> install a new version). I can't find anything in the conf file
> (perhaps I'm overlooking it), haven't found it by looking through the
> doc site, and doing searches gives a little too much info to go
> through. Sorry if I'm asking a question to which there is a simple
> answer.

Icon get the image from the theme img directory. In a standard install,
it is located in prefix/share/moin/htdocs/theme/, and ALL the wikis
share the same directory.

There is no need to install moin multiple times, one install for each
wiki, unless you want to run different versions of moin in the same
time, for example, serve your production wiki with the current release,
and play with a development version in an internal wiki. In this case,
the wiki will use the theme directory of the moin version that run it.

If you want to share one theme with multiple versions of moin, you can
install the theme only in one htdocs directory, and symlink the
directory to the other htdocs directories. But note that the theme
might not work with older or newer version of moin. In other words,
don't do that.

Best Regards,

Nir Soffer