[Moin-user] passing usernames via apache authentication

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Fri Oct 21 01:54:43 EDT 2005

On (2005-10-20 09:57 +0300), Saku Ytti wrote:'

> Will 1.5 support ability to create usernames on-demand? There is patch for
> this in 1.3.4, probably easily portable but if someone has already seen the
> trouble I'd be glad to hear about it :)
> http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/MoinMoinPatch?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=moin-1.3.4_auth_http_user.patch

 I made very very ugly port of the patch, which basicly includes refetching
the username from environment variable because I didn't have it in
self.name in saveHttpAuthUser for some reason. I'm hoping to get some
of our coders fix it to something that we don't have to be ashamed off.
 It seems that 1.5 has lot of the stuff already in place, like ability
to hide/remove username/password change boxes etc. I don't really see any
reason why 1.5 couldn't support something like create_accounts = 1
out-of-the-box.

> But would be nice to have that in distribution. It's very nice for intranet
> sites.
>
> Thanks,
> --
>   ++ytti