[Moin-user] How to use a wiki page as the shared_intermap in moin 1.3.5?

Thomas Waldmann tw-public at gmx.de
Mon Oct 24 04:19:03 EDT 2005

Hi Robert,

> In 1.1. you could easily use shared_intermap to point to a text file

You can do that with 1.3.5, too, but ...

> was also a wiki page, as pages had a static file name an location.

... this isn't any more the case.

> This allowed easy maintenance of interwiki definitions in the usual Wiki
> way.

With 1.3+ you can just use a wget call to the raw action of the
interwiki wiki page. Maybe using cron.

> As I've seen the central http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/InterWikiMap I was
> wondering if you serve the InterWiki directly from there?

We use wget to make the dist version of the file.

> If 'Yes' then I would like to know how you do this by configuration?
> If 'No' then I will think about a way to patch this in
> wikiutil.resolve_wiki - should not be too difficult. I am thinking alog the
> line of
>
>   if filename.startswith("wiki:"):
>   	#parse page instead of file

The point why I didn't already do that, is that using a local file is
worse for a wiki farm than using a (common) file.

greetings,

Thomas