[Moin-user] Error when running ./moin.py

Jody Cleveland Cleveland at winnefox.org
Wed Oct 26 08:34:27 EDT 2005

Hello,

I just installed MoinMoin Wiki on a redhat 4.0AS server.

I performed the BasicInstallation, and then did the WikiInstance. When I
go to the directory of the instance and run ./moin.py I get this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./moin.py", line 88, in ?
    run(Config)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/MoinMoin/server/standalone.py",
line 476, in run
    config = configClass()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/MoinMoin/server/__init__.py",
line 82, in __init__
    raise RuntimeError("Unknown user: '%s', check user setting" %
RuntimeError: Unknown user: 'www-data', check user setting

Any ideas what may be wrong?

- jody