[Moin-user] Error when running ./moin.py

Jody Cleveland Cleveland at winnefox.org
Wed Oct 26 12:09:07 EDT 2005

> The problem is (as the error told you) - you don't have the
> user www-data. This user exists on Debian and work for many
> people. You should check what is the name of the user and
> group used by Apache, usually by doing:
>
> 	egrep '^(User|Group)' /etc/httpd/httpd.conf
>
> It would be nice if someone would make an RPM package for red
> that that contain the correct name, or fetch is from the
> Apache configuration file.

The user and group is apache. I made the change, and it starts fine now.

Now, I've got another question. I'd like to start this as a daemon. But,
when I run ./moin start I get this error -bash: ./moin: No such file or
directory. Running ./moin.py works fine, I'd just rather it be running
in the background.

Any ideas?

- jody