[Moin-user] Nightly update of page
nirs at actcom.net.il
Mon Sep 5 04:26:06 EDT 2005
On 5 Sep, 2005, at 10:55, Jens Jorgen Mortensen wrote:
> I have a page in my wiki, that contains some text and an image (an
> attachment). I would like both text and image to be updated nightly by
> a crontab job. Can I simply have my crontab job overwrite these files?
It should work, but has few problems:
* You will loose the history of the page
* The page edit-log will show wrong date
* The wiki edit-log will show wrong date
* If you use Lupy indexed search, the index will not be updated with
the new text in the page
* Any feature that triggered by the wiki edit log date might break
The best way would be to run a python script that save a new page
revision in a correct way. It can save without backups if needed.
Use this as example:
It append text to the page. You can easily change it to replace the
text. I think you can control the backups feature with an argument to
the PageEditor constructor.
If you create a working script, please put it on ScriptMarket.
More information about the Moin-user