[Moin-user] Sourceforge, backup, "Page could not get locked. Missing 'current' file?"

Favre-Nicolin Vincent vincefn at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Sep 6 02:13:57 EDT 2005

	Hi all,

  I setup a moinmoin wiki on sourceforge (at
http://objcryst.sf.net/cgi-bin/moin.cgi). As apparently many other, the data
directories (world-writable) were deleted on 20050831.
  I used my rsync backup to bring back the wiki online, no problem. But when I
tried modifying a page, I got the (infamous ?) error:
"Page could not get locked. Missing 'current' file ?"

  At first I thought it was the file permissions but evrything was
world-writable, so that was not it. After some time I found the actual
problem, which was coming from the MoinEditorBackup pages, which are stored
whenever you edit a new page in the directory:
data/pages/YourWikiUserName(2f)MoinEditorBackup

   Somewhere in PageEditor._write_file moinmoin tries to change the
permissions and got booted.

   Bottom line: when recovering a backup, do *not* copy the
data/pages/YourWikiUserName(2f)MoinEditorBackup directories...

   Maybe this should be added to the "Page could not get locked" FAQ in
http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/MoinMoinQuestions/Errors ?

  One note about sourceforge accounts. I am not sure it is really necessary to
change the umask in config.py to 0777. Actually 0755 (0744 ?) should be
sufficient. Thus files created by the web user are not writeable by you, but
if you need to do that (removing all files), all you have to do is go in some
moinmoin python code and temporarily add a line with "os.system("chmod -R
0777 /tmp/persistent/MY_PROJECT/") ?
   This won't prevent a stupid web-activated script to erase all data
belonging to nfsnobody, but at least it will not be world-writable anymore,
so a script running on the shell servers will not be able to scrap the data
anymore.

	Vincent
--
Vincent Favre-Nicolin