[Moin-user] Changing admin user

Rama Revanur RRevanur at xrite.com
Tue Sep 6 11:57:29 EDT 2005

Thanks!! That did it.

Regards,

Rama Revanur
Software Team Manager
616-257-2609

-----Original Message-----
From: Nir Soffer [mailto:nirs at actcom.net.il]
Sent: Tuesday, September 06, 2005 2:10 PM
To: Rama Revanur
Cc: moin-user at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Moin-user] Changing admin user

On 6 Sep, 2005, at 20:44, Rama Revanur wrote:

> Thanks for the response. I am not able to run the moin.py as any other
> user other than myself.

You should run moin.py with the user and group that own the wiki
directory.

If you want to change the user and group:

	chown -R username:groupname /path/to/wiki

And same for your underlay directory, if its not in the wiki directory.

If you run moin.py as that user, it should work just fine. If you run
it as root, you have to update the user and group setting in moin.py.
It will drop root and run as these user and group.

> I think at the time of installing, user and
> group are 2 things that we supply, which should be the logged in user
> for the wiki to run. I want to remove the dependency on my account and
> change it to a non expiring account. I tried changing the acl rights
as
> suggested in the help, but when I view the wiki frontpage, it still
> gave
> me access rights error in the python script. How can I do that?

acl rights are not related to this. First make sure your wiki run
correctly.

If this does not help, please show the exact command line you use and
the error message you get.

Best Regards,

Nir Soffer