[Moin-user] Themes, #prefix/share/moin/htdocs/ directory

Fred Drake fdrake at gmail.com
Sat Sep 10 14:50:01 EDT 2005

The installation and configuration instructions at

    http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/HelpOnInstalling/WikiInstanceCreation

don't state that I should copy the $prefix/share/moin/htdocs/
directory to be part of my instance, so I haven't.  I'd like to create
a theme for my site so it fits with the other parts of my site.  But a
theme appears to need not only a Python module in my wiki instance,
but also two directories in the $prefix/share/moin/htdocs/ tree.

Am I missing something about how a theme can be defined?  I'd like to
have a single place that defines a theme?  I'd like to be able to have
a theme that's shared across a wiki farm, rather than just a single
wiki, but I don't want to store it inside the MoinMoin installation,
since that makes it more difficult to switch between versions of the
software (each version getting it's own prefix inside the opt/ tree).

Thanks!

  -Fred