[Moin-user] Editing the Edit Page

Nir Soffer nirs at actcom.net.il
Fri Sep 16 11:54:13 EDT 2005

On 16 Sep, 2005, at 21:27, Fred Drake wrote:

> On 9/16/05, Brandon Kuczenski <bkuczens at andrew.cmu.edu> wrote:
>> Is it possible to edit the page that is displayed when editing a
>> page?  I
>> would like to add a few helpful formatting tips to the ones already
>> listed (specifically, add the [:WikiPage: Desired Label For Page]
>> syntax)
>
> I asked something similar not too long ago.  Appearantly, this is a
> generally desired ability, at least as far as the help text goes, but
> no implementation has been done yet.

No, editing the text you get when a page is missing is very easy. Just
visit MissingPage or a translation of it in your language, and change
the text as you like.

Note that if you edit this page, it will be copied into you data
directory, and when you upgrade your wiki it will not be overwritten by
a new version. If you want to go back and use the standard page, just
delete your new page (More Actions: Delete Page).

Best Regards,

Nir Soffer