[Moin-user] Any way to put in inline video that doesn't download until user starts it?

Kenneth McDonald kenneth.m.mcdonald at sbcglobal.net
Thu Sep 22 11:20:11 EDT 2005

I know this is doable in web browsers, though I don't know if it can
be done in Moin--I tried the "obvious" way, and it didn't work...

Basically, I want to be able to include a link to a video, and have
that show up as a video player frame within the page containing the
link. The video should not start downloading or playing until the
user clicks the "play" button in the video player.

I tried the obvious "inline:myvid.mov", but that doesn't work--I'm
allowed to upload the movie through that link, but then in the web
page, I just get a very wide, short frame of the sort that would be
used around {{{...}}} text.

Thanks for any suggestions,
Ken