[Moin-user] configuration for wiki farm with twisted?

Ted Stern dodecatheon at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 11:21:01 EDT 2006

Hi,

I've just done a basic wiki installation and started a standalone
server.  My main user started right in on it and began editing pages:

         FirstWiki/
                   data/
                   underlay/
                   wikiconfig.py
                   moin.py

I'm providing the wiki on http://someplace:8000/.  This is a test
host, and I had to compile and install python + Tkinter to get it
working.  The web user is me, since I'm not the admin.  When I've got
a working installation, I'll have the not-terribly-web-aware admins
chown everything and move it to a better location.

Now I'd like to reconfigure to use Twisted instead of standalone, and
have a wiki farm of two wikis, and possibly more later.  Is the
following the correct way I should put this together?

        WikiFarm/
                underlay/
                farmconfig.py
                mointwisted.py
                FirstWiki.py
                SecondWiki.py
                FirstWiki/
                          data/
                SecondWiki/
                           data/

Since I'm not the admin, I can't create the DNS alias, so I was
thinking of disambiguating on something like

         someplace:8080/FirstWiki/
         someplace:8080/SecondWiki/

Is this the right way to go?  Can I move my current
FirstWiki/underlay/ directory into the common WikiFarm/underlay area?

Ted
--
 dodecatheon at gmail dot com
 Frango ut patefaciam -- I break so that I may reveal