[Moin-user] In-place update from 1.5.2->1.5.3; possible problems?

Thomas Waldmann tw-public at gmx.de
Thu Apr 20 10:28:08 EDT 2006

> I've never done an "in-place" update of Moin before, so I'm wondering if
> updating from 1.5.2 to 1.5.3 might possibly mess up customized parts of
> my config; I'm using a customized theme and (of course) a customized
> wikiconfig.py.

That stuff is usually handled manually. If you kept that stuff at
separate places (not abusing the distribution locations), there should
be no problem.

One problem can bite you, though, when just copying / installing the
1.5.3 MoinMoin module over the old code:

In 1.5.3, I removed a moin-internal module "datetime" (because that can
be confusing, there is a stdlib module of that name - and we use that,
too). So just make sure there is no datetime.py[co] in your MoinMoin
code dir after upgrade or it will crash because it will import that
instead of the stdlib module.

The other method is to remove the MoinMoin/ module directory before
installing a new version.

Making backups always is a nice idea. :)