FW: [Moin-user] Upgrade to 1.5.3 from 1.3.5

Robert Schumann robert at cantab.net
Tue Apr 25 02:35:09 EDT 2006

On Tue, 2006-04-25 at 10:11 +0100, Warren, Matthew (E.ON IS UK) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have read this, although still can't see the problem. There is a
> u'FrontPage', in my navi_bar list in wikiconfig.py although as far as I
> can see that simply triggers translation based on the language setting
> in the user prefs.

It's not the navi_bar variable, it's page_front_page, which is a new
setting that's needed.  You should set it to u'FrontPage'.

Be aware, though, that if there is a page called, for example,
'StartSeite', that will be used instead of your FrontPage for any
visitors whose browser is set to negotiate German content (and likewise
for any other languages).  You therefore need to make sure your underlay
doesn't contain any translations of FrontPage.

This change has been made in the interests of internationali[zs]ation
(i18n) to facilitate making a multilingual site.  If you want to avoid
it altogether, you could rename your front page to HomePage (and set
page_front_page to that value).

Robert.