[Moin-user] Does this security setup sound good?

Kenneth McDonald kenneth.m.mcdonald at sbcglobal.net
Wed Apr 26 10:30:04 EDT 2006

Thomas,

Thanks again for the great feedback. You made the following statement
towards the end of your comments:

--In your setup, noone except the admins can save a page.

However, I would've thought that the permissions given in the "public
page" template:

    5) The PublicTemplate uses "Known:read,write,delete,revert All:read"
to allow known users to edit public pages, and everyone to read them.

would allow Known users to save such pages. Am I missing something?

and finally, I'd mis-phrased the following question:

> And, is there any way to disable the option that allows creation of a
> completely blank page?
[Your answer] moin doesn't allow you to save a completely empty (0
bytes) page.

What I'd really meant was, under the standard setup, Moin allows the
creation of a page from templates, or from a completely blank page. I'd
like to restrict things so that templates are the _only_ options for
creating pages.

Thanks again,
Ken

P.S. Guess I should start putting some of this into the Moin documentation.