[Moin-user] Any interest in making Doxygen the standard doc tool for MoinMoin?

Zoom.Quiet zoom.quiet at gmail.com
Wed Apr 26 18:33:01 EDT 2006

On 4/26/06, Kenneth McDonald <kenneth.m.mcdonald at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>  From what I can see right now (please correct me if I'm wrong),
> MoinMoin documentation is currently spread out between the code and the
> wiki, and it is not guaranteed that the two are in sync.
>
> Doxygen is a superb documentation tool that supports Python, amongst
> many other languages. Think of it as Javadoc on steroids and done right.
> Among other things, it allows documentation--even user documentation--to
> be placed within the source code. You can read more about it at
> http://www.stack.nl/~dimitri/doxygen/.

??? in Python world, there's great document sys : Epydoc
is better for Python app. API document auto build....
> I, for one, would be happy to contribute to documentation about Moin,
> but find the wiki too unstructured for my tastes. (I'm a tech writer by
> trade). Amongst other things, it makes it very difficult to ensure that
> docs on the wiki are actually up to data for the current Moin version.
> On the other hand, if I were going through multiconfig.py (as I just
> was), I could simply add the necessary doxygen comments, and then do
> whatever is necessary to get the documented multiconfig.py into the
> source tree. The next time doxygen was run, everything would be
> generated in pretty HTML.
>
> Thoughts for or against?
> Thanks,
> Ken

"""Time is unimportant, only life important!
blogging  :  http://blog.zoomquiet.org/pyblosxom/
wiki enter:   http://wiki.woodpecker.org.cn/moin/ZoomQuiet
in douban:  http://www.douban.com/people/zoomq/
"""