[Moin-user] Sigh, more questions about reducewiki, sorry.

Kenneth McDonald kenneth.m.mcdonald at sbcglobal.net
Thu Apr 27 13:14:11 EDT 2006

Here's the command line for reducewiki from Moin's makefile:

MoinMoin/script/moin.py
--config-dir=/srv/de.wikiwikiweb.moinmaster/bin15
--wiki-url=moinmaster.wikiwikiweb.de/ maint reducewiki
--target-dir=$(share)/underlay

In trying to eliminate the revision history of my wiki, I've tried the
simplest obvious way of doing things:

 moin maint reducewiki --target-dir=/wikis/zbrushinfo/data

I've also tried this with target-dir = /wikis/zbrushinfo/data/pages, and
with /wikis/zbrushinfo.

Clearly, I need to provide more info on the command line, but I'm
reluctant to do more experimentation without knowing exactly how it will
be used. I have .../pages backed up, but none of the rest of the wiki.
So far as I can see, reducewiki should be able to operate by deleting,
for each page, all but the last revision, renaming that revision, and
then updating the "current" file. So I don't really know what the other
command-line info might be used for (nor am I sure _exactly_ what it
should be)

Many apologies for all the trouble,
Ken