[Moin-user] Bug in editing many tables on one page

Marx, Stefan ext. MA Fa. Lynx Stefan.Marxext.MAFa.Lynx at rewe-group.com
Wed Aug 16 10:07:37 EDT 2006

Hi guys,

after the very helpful advice from Roger Haase we have a
MoinMoin 1.5.4 up and running. There was the hope that a
bug in handling tables would be fixed, but unfortnatly it
wasn't.
When edtiting at a page with serveral bigger tables after
adding an other line to one table the whole formatting is
nuked: All lines of the tables are formatted as single li-
nes. Lines and header rows are separated by new empty rows
and the left offset of the start of each line of a table
is wandering to the right until columns are so squeezed
that the content is no longer visible. I attach an example
of a spoiled table set from the HTML frame source. The dam-
age is starting in the middle of the document.
By starting editing the spoiled document within the Moin-
Moin we can fix the problem by adjusting the '|' but when
you look at the document you may agree that a programmatic-
aly fix is much preferable.
I grepped through the MoinMoin bug list, found some similar
defect but not this specific one. Is this a known bug and
furtherore is there a work-around? Or should I post it to
the new bugs area?

Thanks a whole lot for your advice and support!

Grettings from Cologne, Germany,

cu Stefan

P.S.: Sorry for not being more precise in describing the
misbehaviour. But the bug was reported to me after the
document was broken.

 <<StammdatenVersorgungSatzarten.zcompressed>>

Stefan Marx
Marx Consulting (extern)

REWE GROUP
Geschäftsbereich Konzern-Systeme