[Moin-user] Moin-user Digest, Vol 7, Issue 3 - upgrading issue from 1.3.4 [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

John.Brooker at dfat.gov.au John.Brooker at dfat.gov.au
Thu Dec 14 19:51:51 EST 2006

>------------------------------

>Message: 2
>Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 10:24:33 +0100
>From: Thomas Waldmann <tw-public at gmx.de>
>Subject: Re: [Moin-user] upgrading issue from 1.3.4 [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]
>To: moin-user at lists.sourceforge.net

> I'm having difficulty upgrading an existing MoinMoin wiki, from
>version 1.3.4 to 1.5.3 as part of a server migration project.
>>
>> the new system already has two other moinmoin wiki's which have been
>> migrated by my predecessor. sadly he is no longer here to move this
>> last one.
>> anyway, i have managed to get the wiki over and working, except
>> certain pages are showing snippets of what looks like HTML code
>> instead of the inteded text,
>>
>> for example instead off a series of large, red, ">" symbols i see:
>> [[HTML(<font size=+3 font-weight=+1 font color=red>)]]>>>
>> CurrentAlerts <http://core-mg01l.lo/nocwiki/CurrentAlerts>
>> <<<[[HTML(</font>)]]
>>
>This looks like you don't have the HTML macro installed in your
>data/plugin/macro directory.
>>
>Maybe it is also a good idea to clear your wiki cache directory.

thanks for that Thomas.

however the issue remains.

I believe you are correct about it being a missing HTML macro, as i
checked and the [[html]] format is in all the broken text.

is their a more detailed description of how to install a macro?

i've pulled down both the HTML.py and HTML2.py macros and placed them in
the /var/wikiname/data/plugin/macro directory (one at a time). ensuring
they have the same permissions as the __init__.py files.

I've even repeated the process above, deleting the cache directory and
restarting the webserver each time.

is their something else i need to do to get moinmoin to retry rending the
pages?

i hate to keep harping on about this, but i feel like I'm ereally close to
getting this finished.

cheers
John Brooker