[Moin-user] Copying wiki data from one server to another

Roger Haase crosseyedpenguin at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 1 11:49:01 EST 2006

--- Gary O <garyo-moin at genarts.com> wrote:

> I have a moin wiki and I need to migrate its pages and user db to a
> different
> server.  I don't care about plug-ins or even the theme; I just want
> to migrate
> the pages (and ideally the edit history).
>
> My old wiki is at SourceForge and I believe it is version "MoinMoin
> 1.3.4
> release" (from $pythonsitedir/MoinMoin/version.py).
>
> The new wiki is on debian/ubuntu and is version 1.2.4-1ubuntu2
> (though I can
> change that).  I have complete control over that server.  (Maybe I
> should be
> running 1.3.4 there too -- is there a debian pkg for that?)

There was a change in the directory structure with Moin 1.3.0 -- check
out the CHANGES file in the Moin-1.3.x/docs directory.  You will have a
lot of trouble trying to downgrade the Moin version below 1.3.  If you
cannot find a Debian package at 1.3.4 you will be better off installing
the current 1.5.1 package.  Moving your 1.3.4 directory to 1.5.1
requires no changes to the data directory.

Roger