[Moin-user] Re: Re: Re: Image formatters and UTF8

Alexander Schremmer 2005a at usenet.alexanderweb.de
Wed Feb 8 02:17:05 EST 2006

On Mon, 6 Feb 2006 21:45:53 +0100, Jiba wrote:

>>> Actually the formatter must return unicode object (because the cache
>>> system concatenate the returned string with other unicode strings).

> My formatter returns Unicode ; if it don't, I get the following error :

OK, I checked the code paths. There are already formatters that emit binary
data. And the only way to do this is to write it to request.write instead
of returning it. So your functions have to return an empty string and use
request.write on their own.

I do not think that changing this without breaking interfaces is possible.

Kind regards,
Alexander