[Moin-user] Re: Re: Re: Image formatters and UTF8

Nir Soffer nirs at freeshell.org
Fri Feb 10 04:29:05 EST 2006

On 9 Feb, 2006, at 22:56, Jiba wrote:

>>> My formatter returns Unicode ; if it don't, I get the following
>>> error :
>>
>> OK, I checked the code paths. There are already formatters that emit
>> binary
>> data. And the only way to do this is to write it to request.write
>> instead
>> of returning it. So your functions have to return an empty string and
>> use
>> request.write on their own.
>
> The problem is that doing so (and if i have understood the code well),
> i cannot use the MoinMoin cache system... however image generation is
> quite slow and thus i need to cache the images !

The text/python cache system is not meant to handle binary files, it is
a system to cache dynamic text, where part of the text is static and
part is dynamic. The text is always unicode, and it is encoded to
whatever encoding you use for the wiki pages.

Maybe you describe how your system works - why and how you use your
formatter to generate those files.

Best Regards,

Nir Soffer