[Moin-user] XSLT (docbook) processing is very slow

Giuseppe Scelsi giuseppe.scelsi at analog.com
Tue Feb 14 21:19:01 EST 2006

Hi all,

I have set up moinmoin 1.5.0rc1 on a debian Sarge box, using Python
2.3.5.  After adding 4suite, docbook rendering works fine but it is
EXTREMELY SLOW (the example copied below takes 2.5 minutes to be
processed in my system.)  Does anyone have suggestions on how to speed
up XSLT processing?  Maybe I should set up catalogs pointing to local
copies of DTD and XSL stylesheets, but I couldn't find any reference to
this in the moinmoin documentation.  Any suggestion?

Cheers,

Giuseppe Scelsi

----

#format docbook
<!DOCTYPE book PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.2//EN" "http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.2/docbookx.dtd">

<book>
<bookinfo>
<author>
<firstname>John</firstname>
<surname>Black</surname>
</author>
<copyright>
<year>2006</year>
</copyright>
</bookinfo>
<chapter>
<title>This is a title of a chapter</title>
<sect1>
<title>This is a title of a section</title>
<para>This is a paragraph.</para>
</sect1>
</chapter>
</book>