AW: AW: [Moin-user] update instructions 1.3.5->1.5

Marx, Stefan ext. MA Fa. Lynx Stefan.Marxext.MAFa.Lynx at rewe-group.com
Wed Feb 15 03:56:05 EST 2006

Hi Ralf,

sorry for fooling around ...  now seriously:
Here is the list of task we handle in order
to move from 1.3.5 to 1.5.1 as far as I re-
member (no garanty for completeness)

0. We backup all our stuff & copiied the moin
   directoy branch to <name_1_3_5>. We double
   checked that by zipping the pages data away.
1. Copy the <python/share/moin> to a different
   place <python/share/moin_1_3_5>
2. Then we followed the instructions in the In-
   stall.html for the appropriate platform.
3. Poke around 'till our the base wiki was working
   correctly.
4. Migrate pages with the mig10.py script.
5. Copied the directory branch with the pages
   back in place.
6. Tested once again.
7. Imported the user data. I think this was done
   by coping. That task was done by staff from my
   customer.

et voilà. In order to minimized potential distur-
banse candidates we did'nt touch the Python oder
httpd installation.
With this approach we could fall back to our old
1.3.5 installation in a situation we could't fin-
ish the migration but the customer need a up & run-
ning wiki.

Hth, greetings from Cologne, Germany to Ostfildern.

cu Stefan