[Moin-user] Re: XSLT (docbook) processing is very slow

Alexander Schremmer 2005a at usenet.alexanderweb.de
Wed Feb 15 05:35:01 EST 2006

On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 16:18:13 +1100, Giuseppe Scelsi wrote:

> 2.3.5.  After adding 4suite, docbook rendering works fine but it is
> EXTREMELY SLOW (the example copied below takes 2.5 minutes to be
> processed in my system.)

This is to be expected. The DocBook style sheets are very complex. I talked
to an XML guru about this and he suggested trimming the DocBook
stylessheets.
Furthermore, check that MoinMoin can create a caching file (a dump of the
parsed style sheets) by checking the directory permissions and the
configured paths in your configuration file. (cf.
HelpOnParsers/HelpOnConfiguration).

Kind regards,
Alexander