[Moin-user] Simple Search Macro

Nir Soffer nirs at freeshell.org
Wed Feb 22 12:01:04 EST 2006

It sounds like filtered recent changes, where you are interested in new
pages only.

Try to learn from RecentChanges macro. Basically you need to read the
log from the end and collect each new page with certain name pattern
until you reach your list size, or until you reach certain time limit.

Reading the log may be expensive, code that read the log usually cache
results in a list and pickle this list to disk, thus reading only the
part of the log from the now until the last time the macro was called.

On 22/02/2006, at 18:41, Tom Purl wrote:

> Hi, I've never written a Moin macro before but am very familiar with
> coding in Python.  I would like to write a macro that searches for the
> last N number of pages that were created and display them in a blogish
> way.
>
> I'm pretty sure that the display functionality will be pretty easy to
> write, but I haven't been able to determine how I'm going to search for
> pages.  I've looked at some other macros, and I've poured over the
> MoinDev page, but I'm can't find anything that will give me any
> direction.
>
> Where would I go to find out how to query for a list of pages using a
> macro?  Preferably, I would like to query for pages based on creation
> date.

Best Regards,

Nir Soffer