[Moin-user] Fun with user_autocreate

Daryl Tester Daryl.Tester at iocane.com.au
Thu Feb 23 15:48:01 EST 2006

Hi all.

I'm trying to get my head around the program architecture at
the moment, and I'm hoping that someone can explain this to me.
Currently I'm using moin-1.5.1, and I'm modifying it to support
HTTP authentication via LDAP (specifically, Active Directory)
in standalone mode.  That bit works.  Additionally, what I'm
trying to is to have the wiki auto create the account when the
person has logged in for the first time (using the cn and email
AD attributes).  The bit that's not working for me is that I
have "user_autocreate = True" set in the config, but by the
time User's create_or_update() method has been called,
user_autocreate is false.  I guess this is where my confusion
kicks in; the cfg attribute in RequestStandAlone/RequestBase
(which in turn is passed to User()) is coming from multiconfig.
I can't see how the startup configuration would ever get to
the request, even though they're both instances of Config().
Did I miss something in the install?  (All the Wiki doco
regarding user_autocreate seems to imply just stick it in
the Config class and it should work).

Any help to unbend my head would be greatly appreciated.

--
Regards,
  Daryl Tester, IOCANE Pty. Ltd.