[Moin-user] Re: Desktop logins

Alexander Schremmer 2005a at usenet.alexanderweb.de
Mon Feb 27 01:25:02 EST 2006

On Sun, 26 Feb 2006 11:53:59 -0600, Dave Harris wrote:

> I have searched the MoinMoin site and maillists for a couple of hours
> with no insight. I found a chat log that seemed to say that it would be
> strange for anyone to want to have a login in DesktopEdition. If logins
> are disabled, why are logins being created (and why are they not blocked
> in the first place?)

No, they are not disabled. That discussion was about the superuser and
change user features. And they should really work - check that you have
cookies enabled and not that you have to fill the first 2 fields and click
the first button to login.

> But more importantly, how can I select an editor without user preferences?

Normally, you see two edit links. If you want to just show one, you have to
either login and select it in the user prefs (as you said) or read
HelpOnConfiguration and set it in the configuration file.

Kind regards,
Alexander